Part 2 of Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown tutorial explains the more advanced configurations on this phone, such as Voicemail, Screen Lock, and Memory usage.
Although Android is quite easy to use, some of us might still have difficulties operating it. Perhaps it’s your case with Samsung phones as well. Here, we explain specifically about Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown tutorial.
For the basic tasks, check out the first part of the tutorial here. In this article, we focus more on advanced configurations such as setting up Face Recognition, Screen Lock, and how to check memory usage on J7 Crown. Check it out!
How do I access voicemail on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Follow the guide below on how to access voicemail on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Tap the “Phone” icon. On the Home screen, find the phone icon and open it by tapping.
- Tap the “Dial pad” icon. This step is to make the dial keyboard appears on the screen.
- Press and hold the “1” key. Key “1” is the dial button for voicemails. Dial it and wait until connected.
- Set up the voicemail. If this is the first time you use the phone, follow the setup prompt to create a mailbox.
- Listen to the voicemails. You can then listen to voicemails left by other people for you.
So you have learned here about accessing voicemail in Galaxy J7 Crown. As it turned out, it’s not much different than in any other phones, including feature phones.
There’s one button to dial and you’re good to go. Another note, before using the voicemail feature, you need to at least make one call.
How do I set up Screen Lock on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Explained below is how to set up Screen Lock on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Open the app drawer. Slide up the home screen to open the app drawer.
- Locate and tap the “Settings” icon. Find the “Settings” app and open it.
- Tap “Lock Screen”. Browse among the options available and find “Lock screen”. You might need to scroll down to find this menu.
- Tap ” Screen lock type”. Once inside “Lock screen”, choose the type of lock screen you want to set up. There are swipe, pattern, PIN, password, and face unlock.
- Pick the type of screen lock you prefer. Each type of lock screen comes with a different setup process. Just follow the prompt after you pick a type.
- Return to the main screen. When finished, you can close “Settings” by pressing the home key.
Adding Screen Lock is important to keep your phone from unauthorized users. Samsung provides several options for screen lock, from PIN to password.
Setting up is quite easy as long as you pay attention to the steps above. Don’t forget to always remember your PIN code, password, or pattern in order not to get locked out later.
How do I set up Face Recognition on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
The following list describes how to set up Face Recognition on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Slide the screen up to open the app drawer. Start from the home screen and swipe up to see more apps.
- Open the “Settings” app. Find the “Settings” icon and tap to open.
- Select “Biometrics and security.” Find it among the menus available then tap.
- Tap “Face Recognition.” This is the first step of setting up the face recognition. Afterward, tap “continue”.
- Follow the prompt. There will be a warning message. Take a moment to read it then tap “OK” and then, Tap “CONTINUE”.
- Complete the facial recognition scan. Continue following the prompt. The phone will scan your face.
- Pick “Faster Recognition” preference. The phone will ask if you want faster recognition. Tap “OK” to accept. Or you can disable this feature by turning the slider off, then tap “OK”.
- Turn on Face Unlock. If you want to skip this, tap “NOT NOW”. Otherwise, tap “TURN ON”.
- Finishing the process. Tap “DONE” when finished.
Face recognition provides more security to your phone. It looks like a long process to set up face recognition on J7 Crown. But don’t worry, you just need to follow carefully the steps above to set it up.
The good news is, you only need to set it up once as long as you don’t factory reset the device.
How do I add and remove a Google Account on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Here’s how to add a Google Account on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Open “Google” folder on the main screen. You don’t need to open the app list, just search on your home screen.
- Tap the “Gmail” icon. Inside the “Google” folder, you will see all Google apps such as Chrome or Calendar. Tap the icon which says “Gmail”.
- Pick between a new account or an existing account. If this is the first time you use your phone, there will be a wizard guiding you through the setup process. You can either use an existing account or create a new one.
- Follow the prompt. Whichever your choice is (new/existing), the app will prompt you to the setup process thoroughly. Just follow the prompt until it’s finished.
As for account removal, this is how to remove a Google Account on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Go from the main screen. Slide up the screen to open the app drawer.
- Go to the “Settings” app. Tap the “Settings” icon to open it.
- Find and tap “Cloud and accounts”. Once opened, scroll and tap “Cloud and accounts”.
- Tap “Accounts”. This submenu is where accounts configuration is located.
- Find the account you’d like to delete and tap on it. You will go to a detail page of the selected account.
- Tap “Remove account”. Find this button and tap to finally remove the account.
- Confirm the account removal. A window will appear to ask whether or not you will delete that account. Tap “OK” to proceed.
Google account is some kind of identity on an Android phone. You will need it to use Google services such as Gmail, or downloading apps on Play Store. Users can create an account and add it to the device. You can also remove it from your phone.
How do I download apps to Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
To install a new app, first, know how to download apps to Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Tap the “Play Store” icon on the home screen. Find “Play Store” on the home screen and tap to open.
- Tap the search bar at the top of the screen. This step is to activate the search bar and make the keyboard appear on the screen.
- Type the app you want to download. Press enter. Once activated, type the app you want to search and tap enter.
- Select the app. A list of apps will fill up the screen. Select the one you prefer to go to the app’s detail page.
- Tap on the “Install” button. Then wait as Play Store downloads the app and install it. You will get a notification when the installation is finished.
- Check your new app. A shortcut will be created at the home screen.
Just like in any Android phone, you can go to Google Play Store when searching for an app. The steps above explain how you access Play Store, browsing among the choice available, then finally to install it on your device.
How do I check memory usage on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
The guide below explains on how to check memory usage on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Slide up on the home screen. This step opens the app drawer from the main screen.
- Go to the “Settings” app. Find the “Settings” app and tap to open.
- Tap “Device and Maintenance.” Here is where you will see an overview of your phone including battery life, memory, and storage.
- Locate and tap “Storage” . Find “Storage” icon at the bottom and tap to open.
- Review your memory usage. Once inside “Storage”, you will see an overview of your storage space, including the types of files that populates it.
- Return to the home screen. When finished, you can close the app by pressing the home button.
The tutorial above shows how to check the remaining internal storage space on Galaxy J7 Crown.
On “Device and Maintenance”, you can also check your RAM usage, which you can do by tapping “Memory” beside the “Storage” icon. Also, if you have an SD card, you can tap “SD card” to check it.
How do I delete an application on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Perform the steps below on how to delete an application on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Open the app drawer. To do this, slide from the home screen.
- Go to the “Settings” icon. Then, tap to open it.
- Select “Apps”. Once opened, here you will see a list of apps installed on your device.
- Find the app you want to uninstall. Apps are listed in alphabetical order. Search your app and if necessary scroll down to see more apps.
- Tap “Uninstall”. To start performing the uninstallation, tap the “Uninstall” button under the app name.
- Confirm the uninstallation. There will be a prompt window asking for confirmation, tap “OK”. Wait until the process is finished.
- Return to the main screen. Press the home button to go back to the home screen.
For unused apps, it’s better to uninstall them. It provides more space on your phone’s storage. Some apps also run in the background even when not in use, therefore draining your battery and data balance.
How do I delete content on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
This tutorial shows how to delete content on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Start from the home screen. From the home screen, swipe up to open the app drawer.
- Go to “Samsung” folder. You can tap to open the folder.
- Tap “My Files” icon. “My Files” is Samsung’s file manager where you can organize your file here.
- Allow the permission request. If this is the first time you use “My Files”, a prompt will ask you to allow permission access to storage. Tap “Allow”.
- Tap the desired category. There will be a list of file category on the screen such as “Images”, “Audio”, and “Documents”. Tap on the category of the intended file.
- Search the folder. You’ll see a list of folders. Tap the one where your file is located, then find the file you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the file. Once you find the file, tap and hold until the menu bar on top of the screen appears.
- Delete and confirm the deletion. Tap “delete”, then confirm by tapping “OK” on the pop-up window.
- Go back to the home screen. Congrats, you’ve successfully deleted a file. To go back to the home screen, press the home button.
Deleting files help clear up some space and get rid of unnecessary clutter. It’s pretty easy to do, as shown in the steps above. Be careful that once a file is deleted, you won’t be able to retrieve it again. It will be gone forever.
How do I update the OS on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown?
Carefully follow the steps below on how to update the OS on Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown:
- Open the app drawer. Swipe up the home screen to go into Android’s app screen.
- Go to “Settings”. Scroll to find the “Settings” app. Once you find it, tap to open.
- Find “Software update”. and tap on it. Scroll down until you see “Software update”, then tap.
- Tap “Check for update”. This is to check whether a new version of OS is available. If an update is available, an update button will appear. Otherwise, you’ll get a notification that your device already has the most recent version.
- Install the update. Do this step if an update is available. Follow the prompt and make sure you have enough battery to proceed. Often, installing an update can take a while.
It’s important to make sure that’s your phone stays updated and has the recent software. These days, updating a phone is not as complicated as it used to be.
You only need to tap several buttons and the phone will guide you through the process and install the update for you, as shown in the tutorial above.
Congratulations, now you have learned both basic and more advanced settings with this Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown tutorial article. Hopefully, it helps you understand your phone better.
Still confused about something? Ask us a question in the comment. The community will help you with your problem.
Let others know about this tutorial by sharing on social media. Also, bookmark this article on your browser, so you can come back here anytime when you need to.